Woodland Windows and Doors Blog
This is where we will post relevant articles, information, and how-to's related to all things windows and doors. Check back often for updates and new information!
3 minutes reading time (539 words)
Buy Energy Efficient Windows
You will be surprised to find out that replacing your old windows with new efficient ones can bring a significant change in the general appearance of your home, in addition to saving you money on monthly utility bills. Of course, there are many options when it comes to replacement windows today, including wood, vinyl and aluminum windows. Installing high efficiency windows in your home will not only improve your property's curb appeal and save money, it also adds to the value of your home.
Typically, old windows often require regular repair and maintenance which may cost a lot. However, many do not know that replacement windows, such as vinyl, are in fact less expensive to have installed than spending money on all these annoying repairs time after time. Sometimes aged or rotten windows need to be replaced rather than simply being fixed. Not all problems associated with old windows can be reversed or repaired. Replacement is certainly the best option.
Reason for Getting Replacement Windows
1. Utility bills: Your monthly utility costs seem to be increasing without an obvious explanation. Of course, your existing windows may be to blame for this issue. This usually takes place when your old windows bring an unwanted amount of hot or cold air into your home. When you have leaky windows installed in your home, for example during the winter, you end up using more energy on heating while trying to keep your house warm. For this reason, replacing those windows is quite a wise choice.
2. Drafty windows: If you have noticed your home becoming extremely hot on summer days or chilly cold during the winter, it may be a result of air leaks or poor sealing on your home windows. This could be a sure sign that you will need to have your current windows replaced.
3. Structural damage or cracks: Perhaps your window glass or frame has several cracks, making it difficult to see through. This can be the best time to consider replacing them with new and efficient windows, because simple repair work won’t make any significant difference.
4. Aged, washed-out or faded windows: If your home's windows look old, ugly, or extremely faded, it is time to consider replacing them. Such windows may attract pests and other vermin who will just wreck havoc in the house.
5. Frequent maintenance: In case you are spending a lot of money on regular maintenance and repair, doing away with such windows will save you money and from being stressed. The money you often spend on repair and maintenance can surpass the money you’ll save in the long run once you’ve got new windows installed.
6. Noise issues: Do your current windows allow unwanted external noise into your home? If so, then it is a perfect time to look for noise-resistant home windows.
7. Safety: Almost all older windows are single-pane glass windows which are typically very weak. Modern replacement windows come in double or triple-pane glass to offer ample security. Therefore, replacement windows prove effective when it comes to security.
Investing in new, efficient home replacement windows may help you in many ways. New windows are easy to install and maintain. For example, vinyl replacement windows are almost maintenance-free.